Thermostatic Mixing Valve
Model 9202E Emergency Valve (patent pending) thermostatically mixes hot and cold water to provide a safe fluid supply for emergency showers and eyewash equipment. Additionally, to ensure a fail-safe water supply for emergency shower and eyewash stations, a series of cold water by-pass valves open in the event of hot water pressure loss. (No gauges supplied - ASSE 1071 standard recommends gauges be placed 5 to 8 feet (1.52 to 2.44 m) downstream for the most accurate measurement.)
- A flow rate of 1 to 78 gpm (295 L) for better temperature control across the operating range
- Lowest internal pressure drop for this class of valve (advantage where supply pressure is low)
- Wax based thermostat technology for fast response time with proven highly reliable temperature control
- Highest Cold Water Bypass flow rate in the industry (64% of rated tepid flow rate)
- Modular brass design with internal check stops
- Over-sized valve seats resist failures caused by foreign matter
- A new and efficient shuttle design eliminates valve sticking
- A custom funnel design improves temperature control at low flow rates
- Outlet temperature is factory set to 85® F (29® C).
- Tempered water: High temperature limit is factory set to 90® F (32® C).
- Cold water by-pass valves are closed during normal operation, regardless of flow rate.